A key question to ask yourself
To get to the bottom of this dilemma ask yourself this question:
Will you, or have you been, doing all you can to attract customers and make sales at your store?
If your end-goal is steady profit (and whose isn’t?) you’re going to have to do more than send out the odd landmark and tweet here and there.
It takes constant work to secure regular SL customers and part of that involves a willingness to try different tactics.
Here are a few tips that can help drive traffic to your store and increase sales:
Make sure you include a LM to your store in the product boxes or folders you pack to sell and distribute.
Share your LM with friends and ask them to share it with others.
Add your store to your Profile Picks and ask satisfied customers to do the same.
- MARKETPLACE LINK
Include a link to your inworld store from your Marketplace Store, if you have one, along with a link to each product you display inworld.
- SL GROUPS
* Set up an SL Group for your store and use it to communicate
* Place a group joiner in your store and start sending out weekly (if possible) messages that
highlight your products.
* Include great images and short, persuasive content, along with your store SLurl or LM.
* When you have sales or deals, be sure to announce and promote them via the group
so your past customers can take advantage of your exclusive pricing right away.
* Share these posts with other relevant SL Groups.
Offer the odd, high quality freebie and advertise it on FabFree and other sites that share SL bargains.
Get involved in SL Hunts
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- Tweet, post and update frequently, but not so often that people feel like you're spamming. I use FB, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest, but there are others you can try too.
- Select who you share with carefully. Post info about your store and products with social media groups that would be interested in what you offer.
- Always use the #Secondlife hashtag in posts and tweets.
- For social media to work you need to post regularly. For most businesses this means once a day to a few times a week, depending on how many followers you have.
- Think about your international customers and send the same post or tweet early and later on a given day to ensure most receive it when they are awake.
- Get involved on Blogs and Forums, comment on and share good posts. You’ll find their authors will often do the same for you.
- Post enticing pictures of the product/s you’re featuring, along with any discounts or deals you have going on.
- Always include a SLurl to your inworld store and direct link to the specific product on your Marketplace store, if you have one.
9. OFFER DEALS on a REGULAR BASIS
- Hold sales to help entice shoppers. Be sure to do this on a regular basis.
- Take advantage of holiday shopping (get 15% off for Mother’s Day,10% off for Halloween, etc), to simply offering great deals for no reason at all. This will help ensure you have regular traffic.
- Those who have read this far may be feeling a bit panicked. Does it seem like there's way to much to do? Don't let yourself become overwhelmed, especially before you've even tried any of the strategies.
- If time is an issue, choose one or two strategies at a time and set aside anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes a day to work on them.
- Getting into a regular routine will help to ensure you store's marketing is manageable and effective.
I hope these ideas help a few SL Merchants, whether you already have a store or are thinking about getting one. If you are considering setting up a store you might like to take a look at Pixel Bits Village.
Does anyone have any other helpful SL marketing tips they’d like to share?